I haven’t been able to write lately, because I’ve been at school every day, breaking in a new batch of 6th graders. Here are my observations from my first week teaching middle schoolers:
1. They are older than 2nd graders
2. They can actually carry on intelligent conversations and ask thoughtful questions
3. I love not having to teach math
4. They are good writers!
5. I can read their handwriting without much trouble
6. I love not having to fill out a homework sheet
7. Now that I have teenagers, middle schoolers aren’t so scary
8. I love not having seat work!
9. I can keep my expectations high and not have to worry about being disappointed
10. I know more than I thought I did
Thankful today for:
579. my co-teacher Jenni. She rocks!
580. my school being right across the street
581. my 10 6th graders. They rock too!
582. that my kids are old enough to get themselves up, dressed and fed
Yay! Stephanie, we knew you could do it! You ARE smarter than a 5th grader, so 6th grade is cake. Now you know my world 😀 Praying for you and Jenni to have a great year.
Thanks, Kehau! And thanks for your work. Good prep always helps 🙂
This is my favorite age girls – in Awana. Have a fun year!!
Excited to go on this new adventure with you! Middle School is too cool!
Blazing new trails, baby!